Mission and Aims
We learn to love…
We learn to love everyone…
We learn to love everyone as Jesus loves us.
Our aim at Our Lady's school is to provide the best possible education for our pupils, set within the framework of our Christian beliefs. As a Catholic school we recognise that our Faith is not something that we teach at a set time in the Curriculum, on the contrary, it is a way of life and as such permeates and influences all the work and life of the school. The school aims to provide a range of activities that will allow each child’s potential to be fully developed. The skills and learning related to the whole curriculum will be set in the context of the real world, making the curriculum a tool for both learning and life.
Aims of the School
- To use Jesus as our role model for all we do, say and think, so that our lives are a living witness to the Gospel.
- Love, value and respect each person, made in the image of God.
- Deliver the best possible education for all of our children so that they become confident, enthusiastic learners who take pride in themselves and their achievements.
- To value the contribution made by everyone involved in school life.
- To develop each child so that they feel valued as an individual, as part of the school family and the global family.
- To maintain excellent standards of behaviour by keeping understanding, forgiveness and reconciliation at the heart of all we do.
- To establish and maintain strong links with home, school and the wider community to work together for the development of the whole child.
- To provide a safe and healthy environment where all are nurtured and cared for to reach their full potential.
- To participate in the Religious Programme “Come and See”.
- To encourage and value the importance of prayer in our daily lives.
- To celebrate diversity and respect other beliefs, cultures and ways of life as well as caring for our environment.